- Healthcare IT Executive and Visionary with passion for accelerating the pace of translational research.
- Specialist in predicting national healthcare and research challenges, with proven, 15 year track record of envisioning and delivering transformational solutions for them.
- Successes have included development of best-of-breed systems for neurophysiology, brain imaging, clinical guidelines, and psychiatric services research.
- National leader in efforts to create strategies and systems for interoperable electronic health records and research infrastructures for mental health.
- Informatics: clinical guidelines, electronic health records, medical terminologies, data standards, decision support systems, data mining, clinical data warehouse design, master data management
- Statistics: epidemiology, clinical trials, outcomes analysis, psychometrics, brain imaging
- IT: architecting enterprise-wide web-based applications to improve the quality, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness of clinical and basic research.
- CORTEX: internationally used system for managing experimental design, control, and analysis of neuro-electrophysiology and brain imaging studies.
- Dialogix: internationally used system for the design, control, and analysis of epidemiological research studies; improving the quality and accessibility of assessment and diagnostic instruments by creating a national library of web- and voice-enabled psychiatric instruments.
- PSYCKES: nationally awarded system to implement guideline-driven, cost-conscious, quality improvement of drug treatment in psychiatry.
- LOINC: national effort to extend HIPAA standards to support the needs of behavioral health research and clinical care by creating item and instrument banks for standardized assessment, diagnostic, and outcomes instruments.
- Infobuttons: statewide system to support the context-sensitive information needs of mental health professionals.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder: international, web-based epidemiological study of winter depression.
- Master Data Managment (MDM): Created agency-wide strategy, team, and tools for linking and enriching the agency's identity, clinical, and financial data sources. Advisor to statewide MDM planning process.